I hold in my hands this evening
There’s a certain stillness in the air,
there’s a certain calmness in the heart.
Grateful to God to be here again.
You taught me patience
You taught me fortitude
You taught me reflection
Continue reading →
When I close my eyes
I see a face
A trio from my dad. Continue reading →
This is for those days when I’m in that state of mind and I need something more…
(I’m sorry, but this may not be for everyone…)
…and now that I’ve got your attention, folks, Continue reading →
My abode being of a certain age
In a dream I came upon a plan
To rebuild my residence
Remodel some parts
Set up new walls
Open out others
So, I’ve been nominated for this Award by someone whose real name I do not know – how cool/weird is that – but thank you, Impostorpawn (@ https://ofsenseandsensibility.wordpress.com), and bless you! Not fully comprehending what it means, I’m assuming it’s some form of accolade, a recognition from a peer / fellow blogger that they kinda like my work. Well, thank you again! It means a lot. I’m proud and I’m happy that my pieces have a connect with a few of you out there. My work is reflective of me & my many moods and interests – I am a complex individual with what I think are fairly eclectic tastes. And before, in true subcontinental fashion, my acceptance speech drones on, thanks for the 3rd time. I’m blushing under my 6 o’clock shadow!
The rules for accepting this award are:
1) Thank the person who nominated you.
2) Answer the questions from the person who has nominated you.
3) Nominate some other bloggers for this award.
4) Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you have nominated.
5) Notify the bloggers you have nominated.
And her Questions with my Answers are:
- What’s the most important thing in your life? I’m tempted to say my daughter, but it’s my wellbeing.
My nominees are:
Saya, whose poetry is amazing – https://sayadpoet.wordpress.com
Akhiz, a soulful writer – https://akhizmunawar.wordpress.com
Syl, for his inspiring, spiritual stuff – https://syl65.wordpress.com
Sonya Kassam, with whose works I share a sure chemistry – https://followyourshadow.wordpress.com
John White, who’s just so damn consistently good – https://doubleupoet.wordpress.com
My Questions for them are:
1) What brought you to blogging?
2) Is there something you hope to achieve out of blogging?
3) What is your idea of a life well spent?
4) The finer things or the simple pleasures?
5) Do introverts make better writers?
6) What’s the one thing you’d like tell your political leadership?
7) What’s your favourite colour?
And I think I’m done, thank you very much. Cheers, everybody & God bless y’all!