Category / celebration
Tryst with Destiny
At the stroke of the midnight hour as we celebrate our 73rd Independence Day, I can’t think of a better tribute to my country than this (from a British lady, no less!) in the ancient Sanskrit language. Continue reading →
I come from a land where…
Damn, you’re beautiful
Happy 4th to the 2nd Greatest Country in the World!
The Big C
…and now that I’ve got your attention, folks, Continue reading →
Today, I wish for my country…
It’s India’s 67th Republic Day. And as we move forward and take our place in the sun, here’s what I wish for. It’s by eminent poet & Nobel Laureate and the only man who’s composed the national anthems of two countries (India & Bangladesh) – Rabindranath Tagore, and is a masterful, inspirational piece of poetry. I’m sure most Indians on this forum will be familiar with it!
Enjoy the read!
SUNSHINE AWARD – THANK YOU
So, I’ve been nominated for this Award by someone whose real name I do not know – how cool/weird is that – but thank you, Impostorpawn (@ https://ofsenseandsensibility.wordpress.com), and bless you! Not fully comprehending what it means, I’m assuming it’s some form of accolade, a recognition from a peer / fellow blogger that they kinda like my work. Well, thank you again! It means a lot. I’m proud and I’m happy that my pieces have a connect with a few of you out there. My work is reflective of me & my many moods and interests – I am a complex individual with what I think are fairly eclectic tastes. And before, in true subcontinental fashion, my acceptance speech drones on, thanks for the 3rd time. I’m blushing under my 6 o’clock shadow!
The rules for accepting this award are:
1) Thank the person who nominated you.
2) Answer the questions from the person who has nominated you.
3) Nominate some other bloggers for this award.
4) Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you have nominated.
5) Notify the bloggers you have nominated.
And her Questions with my Answers are:
- What’s the most important thing in your life? I’m tempted to say my daughter, but it’s my wellbeing.
My nominees are:
Saya, whose poetry is amazing – https://sayadpoet.wordpress.com
Akhiz, a soulful writer – https://akhizmunawar.wordpress.com
Syl, for his inspiring, spiritual stuff – https://syl65.wordpress.com
Sonya Kassam, with whose works I share a sure chemistry – https://followyourshadow.wordpress.com
John White, who’s just so damn consistently good – https://doubleupoet.wordpress.com
My Questions for them are:
1) What brought you to blogging?
2) Is there something you hope to achieve out of blogging?
3) What is your idea of a life well spent?
4) The finer things or the simple pleasures?
5) Do introverts make better writers?
6) What’s the one thing you’d like tell your political leadership?
7) What’s your favourite colour?
And I think I’m done, thank you very much. Cheers, everybody & God bless y’all!
Celebrating my 50th Post…!!!
A shout out to everybody in the local languages of the lands in which I have been read… Find yours!
(Coming as I do from a country with 600+ tongues, this one was easy!)
Go raibh mait agat!
Teri mah kasih!
..and Thank you!